Corn And Crab ChowderFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced (optional - I have never used this) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- if you can buy Tastefully Simple products where you live, add a heaping tablespoon of onion onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour (one or two tablespoons more if you like a thick chowder) shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth (I prefer to use chicken stock if I can find it, or have it on hand) shopping list
- 1 quart fat-free half-and-half shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon chicken base shopping list
- 3 cups frozen corn (not canned corn) shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat (use the best quality you can find) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter in a deep pot; add veggies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add seasonings to pot, and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked veggies and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in broth and half-and-half and chicken base.
- Bring chowder to a very gentle simmer.
- Add corn and crab, heating very gently (do not boil) until all ingredients are heated through.
- Add more seasoning, if desired, to taste.
- NOTE: If desired, add 2 cups cooked, diced potatoes to chowder when you add corn and crab.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
Sounds Delicious, especially with Fall around the corner & Fresh Corn still being Harvested, will be excellent with it Fresh off the Cobb! Thanks for posting the recipe :o)tannzzi in Portage loved it
5 from me!orangeskipper in Redding loved it
Krum that was heavenly! so delicious thanksmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it