Applesauce Crumb PieFrom pudgy47 9 years ago
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sultana raisins shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tps. ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tps.nutmeg shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell with high fluted edge shopping list
How to make it
- Place the applesauce and brown sugar in a aucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add 3 Tbs. butter and stir until melted. Stir in the raisins. Cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add to the applesauce mixture. Pour into the pie shell. Bake in a 375 F. oven on the low rack for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Blend the flour, sugar, and spices and cut in the 2 Tbs. butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pie and continue baking until the top and crust are golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- Serve with whipped cream.