Twix chocolate pieFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- caramel filling shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- chocolate ganache shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 5 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For crust:
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Butter 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add 1/2 cup butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolks; process until moist clumps form. Add cocoa powder; blend in using on/off turns. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack while preparing caramel filling.
- For caramel filling:
- Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until mixture is deep amber, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan, about 7 minutes. Watch carefully,sugar may burn so fast.
- Remove from heat; add cream (mixture will bubble vigorously). Add butter and stir over low heat until caramel is completely smooth. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; stir in salt. Cool 10 minutes. Pour warm caramel into crust. Let stand at room temperature until completely cool, about 45 minutes.
- For ganache:
- Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let stand until slightly cooled but still pourable, about 10 minutes. Pour ganache evenly over caramel filling. Refrigerate tart uncovered until chocolate is firm, about 2 hours. do ahead Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating20 people
Oh my goodness... what a recipe.... will bookmark this one for sure to make.... sounds wonderful..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
This is sinful, I love Twix so does my husband, this is a definite one for bookmaking.
I will be making this real soon.vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
LOOKS DELICIOS...I AM SO HAPPY YOU LIKE BAKING/COOKING!!! HAPPY POSTING...KEEP THEM COMING!recipediva in Philly loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!