Skillet Chicken TeriyakiFrom momofonesofar 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skin and visible fat removed (legs & thighs are fine) shopping list
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice OR apple juice OR use the leftover juice from canned fruit OR a combination which suits your circumstances shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger (I use 3/8 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet. Arrange the chicken in the skillet. Fry over medium-high heat until the chicken browns slightly. Turn and brown the other side too. Pour the pineapple or other fruit juice into the skillet. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, dry ginger and garlic. Stir the sauce around the chicken to dissolve the sugar and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer, covered for about 45 minutes. The liquid in the pan will thicken and coat the chicken in a very attractive sticky brown sauce. If the liquid is too watery, then add about a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with about 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. The sauce will thicken for sure now! :) serve over rice.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
The Rating4 people
Delicious! Everyone loved it. Reviewed in Skillet Chicken Teriyakimrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Chicken thighs were fall apart tender.
Served it over angel hair pasta.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Making tonight- marinating chicken in fridge in the mixture, minus the fruit juice, and I have another batch of marinade made and set aside. Will post my results- I'm sure it will be very good :)suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!