Pumpkin FudgeFrom putercop 9 years ago
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk or cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon (rounded) pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Line an 8 x 8 x 1 1/2-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing the foil to hang over the edges of the pan.
- Grease the pan with 1 teaspoon of butter or so.
- Place sugar, milk, pumpkin, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan and cook quickly, stirring them constantly until they boil.
- Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Uncover, reduce heat and cook until the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage. (234*F - 110*C, or when a small amount dropped into chilled water forms a ball and flattens when picked up)
- Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cool to 110*F (45*C).
- Add vanilla and beat with mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. When firm, remove fudge from pan, peel away foil and cut into squares.