Devils chocolate eclairsFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup flour (subtract 2 ½ tbsp after measuring the cup) shopping list
- 60 grams butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla powder shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 eggs white shopping list
- ½ tsp cream of tartar or 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 125 grams sugar shopping list
- Melted chocolate for glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F, grease two large cookie sheets lightly.
- Mix the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and water to a running boil.
- Pour the flour mixture all in one go and stir using a wooden spoon till it form a
- Ball shape. Turn the dough on a clean bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time stirring well after each addition. Add the vanilla and stir
- Fill the dough in a piping bag fitted with a nozzle of the shape you desire (I used star and
- Rounded nozzle as I made profiteroles and éclairs shape)
- Pipe the dough on the cookie sheets and bake for 30 minutes till risen and puffed.
- Turn the oven off and take them out .Cut them in half horizontally and
- Return them in the warm oven while you prepare the filling. We want them
- To be completely dried from inside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites till frothy, add the cream of tartar or lemon juice
- And beat till soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually and beat till shiny and glossy
- And stiff peaks forms.
- Fill in a piping bag fitted with star nozzle and pipe rosettes over the bottom
- Half of each peace. Cover with the top half.
- Using a flame torsche, carefully heat from the side till golden brown. Glaze
- With melted chocolate.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
Ahmed.... come cook for me...unique and yummy all at the same time! ty for post!
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Another wonderful idea (and recipe), Ahmed!!! I'd probably add a drop or two of lemon extract to the white frosting just for a hint of surprise in the flavor. Thanks for this divine recipe.tcvillegas in Manila loved it
This will be a perfect new recipe to try! Thanks Ahmed.ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!