RYE BISCUITSFrom linebb956 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375f
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt and caraway seed.
- Mix thoroughly
- Cut in shortening till mixture loods like coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center
- Akk milk all at once
- Stir just till dough clings together
- Turn into a floured flat surface
- Knead gently 10-12 strokes.
- Roll or pat out to 1/2 inch thickness
- Cut with a 2 inch floured cutter
- Reroll trimmings to get about 24
- Now... this is where I start guessing... It says to freeze...
- I wrap and freeze part and bake the rest on a lightly greased pan in a 375f oven for about 15-18 minutes...
- Serve with butter... with your soups..