Southwest Egg PuffsFrom sunny 7 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 8 eggs, hard-cooked and chopped very fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa of your choice - add more if the egg mixture seems dry shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup Mayo shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 green onions, diced very fine shopping list
- 1/4 t ground pepper shopping list
- 1 T taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 T cilantro. chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400˚ for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a bowl combine the filling ingredients and then refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend. Meanwhile, split puffs and remove soft dough from inside. Just before serving, add salt to taste then spoon egg mixture into puffs; replace tops and serve.