Whole Wheat N Molasses MuffinsFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted margarine, melted & cooled shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- Note: I like to add raisins(soaked in boiling water and drained) or chopped dates or semi-sweet chocolate chips. blueberries or strawberries work well, chopped peaches or one banana mashed. I have even turned this muffin recipe into a ginger muffin by adding 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and chopped sugared ginger. You can add 1 teaspoon of wheatgerm if you are looking for a health kick muffin. Use your imagination ;-) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Combine milk, vanilla, molasses, margarine & egg, add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin coated with cooking spray, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F. for 20 mins. or until lightly browned.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating11 people
Oh Lor, how did you know I would love this???organicmama in loved it
Molasses in muffins is the perfect ingredient. Thanks for a new and exciting muffin recipe.laadeedaa in loved it
This tastes like a health muffin. Minimally sweet. And as advertised, a plain tasting muffin.
I added strawberries and 4 ground up oatmeal/white chocolate cookies for flavoring.
Think I would prefer a more definitive tasting mu...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!