Chicken FranceseFrom vino4dino 5 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 11/2 pounds) shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dredging shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, with rind, cut in thin rounds shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them. Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. In a wide bowl, beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water to make an egg wash. Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet.
- Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden, turning once. Remove the chicken cutlets to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.
- Toss the lemon slices into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the wine, broth, and lemon juice, simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly. Roll the butter in some flour and add it to the skillet, this will thicken the sauce. Stir to incorporate and dissolve the flour. Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan; place the lemon slices on top of the cutlets. Simmer gently for 2 minutes to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating7 people
that is a perfect chicken dish~mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Yum!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Awesome dish, absolutely perfect technique. Love it.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!