Blueberry Orange BreadFrom sunny 10 years ago
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup blueberries shopping list
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 6 tbsp. butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tsp. orange peel, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, toss together the blueberries and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 1-3/4 cups of flour.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Beat in the orange juice and orange peel. Add the flour mixture and, with the mixer on low speed, beat until well-blended. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spread in the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
People Who Like This Dish 46
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating6 people
looks great. Like the cornmeal in it. Ty lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
I'm a big fan of whipping up a simple quick bread like this for breakfast and tea, I can already imagine it is going to be perfect, great photo too.invisiblechef in loved it
This looks amazing. We all can use more blueberries in our lives.arimou0 in Columbus loved it