Lemon BreadFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean shopping list
- 12 T. unsalted butter, melted (This is 1 1/2 sticks of butter) shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- For the Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a lemon bread pan, okay, or a regular bread pan; tap out excess flour.
- To make the bread, in a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Put the sugar in a bowl. Using a paring knife, cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the top of the knife, scrape the seeds into the bowl. Using your fingers, rub the seeds into the sugar to break up the clumps. Add the butter, eggs, milk and lemon zest and whisk until thoroughly blended. Add the dry Ingredients to the wet and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and lemon juice. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Tap the pan gently on a work surface to loosen the bread. Set the rack over a baking sheet, invert pan onto the rack and lift off the pan.
- Turn the loaf over and, using a pastry brush, brush the top and sides of the bread with the glaze. Let cool completely before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- tyeargin Gastonia, North Carolina
- sezzyj Melbourne, Australia
- grk Houston, TX
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- leonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
- recipesrule Winnipeg, CA
- verondear Akron, OH
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating2 people
That is such a pretty loaf and I just can't wait to try it. I bet your kitchen smells gorgeous when you bake this. Bookmarked it to try this weekend. Got my 5. Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Although I have never been a big fan of a loaf, the lemon puts my name all over it. I love lemon and the tangy glaze promises to put it over the top. Got my 5 and its bookmarked for later. TY!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!