Dads Insanity Sauce ShrimpFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 lbs. of jumbo shrimp (under 24 count), shell and tail on, back split and cleaned. shopping list
- 2 smoked jalapenos in adobo sauce along with 2 tsp of the sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 can of beer (really barely more than a heavy splash, the rest is for the cook) shopping list
- 4 ounces of butter shopping list
- Dash of salt to taste shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 lemon cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh parsley chopped fine shopping list
- steamed white rice shopping list
- cold beer or crisp rose wine shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet (cast iron works fine) melt butter over a low flame.
- Add garlic and cook lightly. Do not brown.
- Mix in minced smoked peppers and adobo sauce with vinegar, beer and shrimp.
- Sauté for about 1 minute. Barely cooking here, you just want to coat the shrimp evenly with the sauce.
- Remove and spread coated shrimp in a flat ovenproof dish.
- Place under a hot broiler until sizzling for about 3 minutes (do not overcook).
- Garnish with parsley and squeeze the lemon juice over all.
- Serve immediately with rice on the side.
- A jicama and radish salad with orange vinaigrette is a nice side.
- Lots of napkins are needed.
- Poppop has been known to add a dash or two of Dave's Insanity Sauce to the butter and vinegar and that knocks this dish out of the tolerable range for most. You'll sweat and swear when you eat it that way.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Wow is right...I like this one Momma...and Im sure hubby will love it...Thanks.paprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
This sounds like something that would be a big hit with my husband. He loves hot stuff and he also loves shrimp. What a combination!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
Bring on the napkins! This is insanely good! I used chipotles in adobo. I had one pound of 21/25 shrimp so I cut the sauce in half and I wish I hadn't. I also wish I had a nice big piece of French bread to dip in that buttery, delicious sauce. Lin...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it