Put The Lime In The Coconut Buttermilk PieFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweeetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 T. all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 t. pure vanillaa shopping list
- Minced zest and juice of 1 lime (green persian, not yellow key) shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- one half package of refrigerated pie crust, rolled out nine inch pie pan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well incorporated
- Pour into your pie shell and place on a baking/cookie sheet.
- Bake until the filling is just set, yet still a bit jiggly, about 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp on a rack.
- NOTE: if you crust browns fast make a tin foil ring and place around the crust.
- Chill the pie if not serving right away. Pie should be brought to room temp if chilled.
- Personally, I like this pie chilled or room temp. It is delicious!
- Garnish with thin sliced lime slices and whipped cream if you like.
- It is easy to double the filling and make two pies since you have two crusts in a package and then you'll have some pie for breakfast! YUM!