Steves ChiliFrom mrtnzangel8 9 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 3 lbs chili meat (ground chuck) shopping list
- 1 T garlic powder shopping list
- 2 T Lawry's seasoning shopping list
- 1 T chili powder shopping list
- 1 med red onion chopped shopping list
- 2-2 oz. packets chili seasoning (we use Williams no salt) shopping list
- 1 T salt shopping list
- 28 oz can tomato puree shopping list
- 28 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1-10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 4-15 oz cans chili beans (med) shopping list
- 1 cup tomato juice (V-8 is good, too) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meats, garlic powder, Lawry's, chili powder, onion.
- While that is browning, combine all cans, chili seasoning, salt and tomato juice.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Drain meat mixture and add to simmering sauce.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer at least 1 hour. He went 3.
- The longer it simmers the better.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating12 people
OMG this sound excellent, don't know how I missed this recipe. Bookmarked it to make next time I make Chilihenrie in Savannah loved it
My My Ang... who did ya piss off? I see the _itches have been busy... don't worry about it.. they have no life!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
How have I missed this recipe? Looks great. Thanks for sharing, am saving this one.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it