Girl Scout Samoa CookiesFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 6 tblsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Karo light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 of a 14 ounce can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups toasted coconut shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in Eagle Brand milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 220-228 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Beat until creamy. Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- Spoon by tablespoonfuls into circular mounds onto buttered wax paper. Flatten slightly. With the end of a wooden spoon, poke a small round hole into the center of each cookie.
- Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies. Let chocolate harden at room temperature. Store in a airtight container.
- To toast coconut: Spread coconut on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated 350 degree oven, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 128
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
Oh yesssss, I could eat them all, so you could say feeds ONE!! Great post...shirleyoma in Cove loved it
These are the only Girl Scout Cookies I eat and buy! Now, I can make them? YIPPPEEE! Tops!pink in USA loved it
OOhhhh! I think I have died and gone to heaven with this one! lol This is my FAVE girl scout cookies! Thanks for the recipe. Now I can eat it all year long!rodeogirl73 in Tacoma loved it