Garlicky Steak And AsparagusFrom peacekeeper0 9 years ago
- 1 12- to 14-oz. boneless beef top loin (strip) steak, cut about 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 or 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cracked or coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 to 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed (6 oz.) shopping list
- 2 tsp. garlic-flavored olive oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the steak on both sides with a mixture of the garlic, pepper, and salt, pressing in the mixture with your fingers.
- Place the asparagus in a shallow dish and drizzle with the oil.
- For sauce, in a medium skillet stir together the broth and wine.
- Cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Whisk in mustard; keep warm.
- Preheat an indoor electric grill on high setting, if available.
- Place steak on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until steak is desired doneness. (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare or 5 to 7 minutes for medium
- . For an uncovered grill, allow 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare or 8 to 10 minutes for medium, turning steak once.)
- If space allows, add asparagus to covered grill for the last 2 to 3 minutes or for uncovered grill the last 4 to 5 minutes of grilling.
- Cook asparagus until crisp-tender.*
- Spoon sauce on serving plate.
- Cut steak in half crosswise. Serve steak halves atop sauce with asparagus on top.
- *Note: The asparagus cooking time will vary with the size of asparagus. Also, if there is no room on the grill, the asparagus can be grilled after the steak.
The Cookpeacekeeper0 Kent, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!