Mexican Fried RiceFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavor olive oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound fresh chicken tenders shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with Red and green peppers shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sliced roasted red bell peppers, drained shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, spray 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Beat egg in small bowl. Add egg to skillet; cook 1 minute or until firm but still moist, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add beans, corn and roasted peppers; mix well. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly and breaking up chicken and roasted peppers as mixture cooks.
- Add cooked egg and rice; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in taco sauce; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions. Spoon mixture onto serving platter. Garnish with cilantro.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating16 people
now this looks very tastyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This will be perfect to take to work for Cinco de Mayo! Thanks!tnjazmyn in Manchester loved it
Greatness. I made this last Sunday and it wsa a huge hit. It will now be a mainstay in my home. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!