Avanti Italian BreadFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix oil, eggs, salt and sugar together till blended.
- Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead till smooth and elastic.
- Let rise till doubled, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- repeat the kneading and rising.
- Punch down.
- Cut dough into 2 pieces.
- Let rise, covered for 10 minutes.
- Shape into 2 oblong loaves, about 14 inches long.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Cover: let rise again, about 50-60 minutes.
- Cut slash down middle of bread or 3 slashes diagonally on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating8 people
Thanks I'm in the bread baking business now that the weather has cooled. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Excellent! I love crusty bread!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Shouldn't this have olive oil in it? :)invisiblechef in loved it