Spicy Mango Ginger TofuFrom vvskgn 6 years ago
- Spicy mango ginger tofu shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- For the marinade: shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Thai Chilli, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil shopping list
- 2 large ripe mangoes, roughly chopped (note: you will need one more mango when cooking the tofu, see below) shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup white cooking wine (or vegetable broth) shopping list
- fresh black pepper to taste shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon R. crushed pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- juice of two limes shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- Ingredients for the tofu shopping list
- 2 blocks tofu extra firm tofu, drained and pressed shopping list
- 1 mango, sliced in long thin slices shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in long thin slices shopping list
How to make it
- Make the marinade
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil, add garlic, ginger and Thai Chili, saute on medium for 7 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add 2 chopped mangoes and saute 5 minutes
- Add honey and wine, cover and simmer 35 minutes; Uncover and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add orange juice, vinegar, lime, black pepper, R. Pepper flakes and salt; Add mixture to blender, puree until smooth.
- Prepare the tofu
- Cut tofu blocks into 8 slabs each. Place tofu in marinade in a glass or resealable plastic bag . Marinate in the fridge for atleast an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Reserve about half of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce. Lay marinated tofu in a single layer in baking pan. Cook for 20 minutes. Flip tofu over and add more marinade. Dredge peppers and sliced mangoes in marinade and add them to pan. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
The Cookvvskgn Foster City, CA
The Rating7 people
My goodness this sounds good. I think I'll have to stop by the supermarket for mangos today. I love new tofu recipes, and I already have all the ingredients except the mangos, so how can I NOT make it. Thanks!!uhannigan in loved it
Well, my supermarket just put mangos on sale--five for $4. It must be an omen.uhannigan in loved it
I will have this tomorrow...all of my favorite flavors. Have to make 2 batches cause Mamma and Pappa are too fragile for the chile. bu the rest they will love! Thanks for post and thanks for the rating on the roasted garlic cauliflower soup.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it