Beef Stew Crockpot DiabeticFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds beef, *stew or roast beef shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 package onion soup mix shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon A-1 Steak Sauce shopping list
- 3 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato juice shopping list
- * Use any cut of beef roast desired. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef into serving-sized portions. Brown beef in a bit of vegetable oil,
- in a large skillet. Meanwhile, slice onion and separate into rings. Dice the
- peeled carrots, dice the celery and slice the peppers into thin strips or
- circles. Place these into the bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle the beef pieces
- with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix.
- Place on top of the vegetables. Mix the steak sauce and Worcestershire
- sauce in a small bowl with about 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato juice.
- Pour this over the meat. Turn the crockpot to high for 30 minutes, then
- turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.
- Freezer directions:
- Cut and brown beef as directed above, then cool.
- Place beef into a large zip baggie. Add all other ingredients to baggie,
- label and freeze for up to six months. The day before you wish to cook
- this, remove from freezer and thaw overnight in refrigerator, then place
- into crockpot next morning and cook as directed above.
- Per serving: 332 Calories (kcal); 22g Total Fat; (60% calories from fat);
- 22g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 76mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium;
- 3g Fiber
- Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable;
- 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating4 people
I made this Tuesday and it was simply delicious!! I guess the fact that there were no potatoes helped with the diabetic factor, anyway I didn't miss them at all. This recipe is fantastic, thanks once again shirleyoma for another keeper!!knwalter in Paulsboro loved it
Good flavor. Stew liquid is a little thin.
See Beef Stew Crockpot Diabetic for more.
1/3/16pointsevenout in Athens loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
Comfort Foods773 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Hot Roast Beef Sandwich47 members
Low Carb113 members
Family Favourites134 members
Anything Goes289 members
CrockPot Capers166 members
To Your Health75 members