WILD RICE WITH CRANBERRIES AND CARMELIZED ONIONSFrom softshellcrab 6 years ago
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 rice shopping list
- 1/2 wild rice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 medium onions slice in thin wedges shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup Ocean Spray craisins, original shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken broth and both rices in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and brown sugar. Cook 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and onions and soft and translucent. Reduce heat to low. Slowly cook onions, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until they are caramel color. Stir in sweetened, dried cranberries.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until cranberries swell. Gently fold cranberry mixture and orange zest into cooked rice. Yummmmmmeeeee!