Chicken CacciatoreFrom cookingforfun 6 years ago
- 2 chickens 3 lb each cut into serving size shopping list
- 4 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups onions (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 chopped green pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 lb noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Saute: chicken portions in the olive oil and butter fpr about 10 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add:onion, green pepper, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper. and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add:stewed tomatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occcasionally.
- Add: red wine and cook for 10 minutes more.
- While the chicken is cooking: cook the noodles in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 47
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating10 people
Very nice recipe! 55555 !lanacountry in Macon loved it
This looks so delicious, and I love stewed tomatoes! Thanks for the great post! :)lori4flavor in Chicago loved it
I liked this recipe a lot - I threw in a handful of torn olives as well! great sauce.ladywag in Negril loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!