Scotch EggsFrom redkitchen 9 years ago
How to make it
- Set peeled, boiled eggs to the side
- Mix meat, onion and spice mixture together
- Coat the eggs with it carefully and evenly
- Next, roll them in the flour, shake off the excess and put the eggs in the fridge for about an hour so the meat sets up
- A few minutes before the hour is up, lightly beat the remaining egg with the tsp. water. Take eggs and dip them in the egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs. They are now ready to cook
- Traditionally, these should be deep fried till golden. But, you can bake them to avoid the grease. If baking, heat oven to 375* and bake approximately 20 minutes or till sausage covering is firm when pricked with a fork. It help to stick them on a wire rack with a pan under to catch grease, and they don't sit in grease while baking.
- Once done, slice them on plate with complimentary dip such as German mustard or Louisiana hot sauce.
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating7 people
Traditional Scotch Eggs! I adore these -- check out my recipe (also baked, but with a twist, from Scotland On a Sunday Newspaper...) Sold at every deli oounter & grocery store in Scotland!
We'll make believers out of everyone yet....(Just wait ...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Love these,I make them with hot sausage,can't be beat with a cold glass of stout beer..robertg in loved it
Yummmy! I love scotch eggs! I hadn't thought about them for years, though. Thanks for posting!waterlily in Joplin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!