Milk Chocolate-peanut Butter Sandwich CookiesFrom dond 6 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1⅓ cups (about 8 ounces) milk chocolate chips shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 3 ounces high-quality milk chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- For cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat powdered sugar, dark brown sugar, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixture until well blended.
- Add peanut butter; beat until creamy.
- Gradually beat in vegetable oil and vanilla extract, then egg.
- Add dry ingredients; mix just until blended. Don't overmix.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 1½ inches apart. (I use a baking sheet covered by a Silpat -- makes cleanup almost instantaneous)
- Bake cookies until puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
- For filling:
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and kosher salt in medium bowl.
- Bring whipping cream to boil in heavy small saucepan.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Don't leave any lumps. You may have to hold the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water to melt the few remaining lumps, if the boiling cream doesn't do the job.
- Chill until filling is thick and spreadable, 30 minutes to one hour.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful chocolate-peanut butter filling on flat side of 1 cookie.
- Top with second cookie, forming a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining filling and cookies.
- Note: These cookie sandwiches can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
The Rating3 people
Oh my goodness...just when I thought I have baked them all!! Thank you this looks wonderful and is going on my Christmas cookie list for sure!!!! I will fwd to all my friends on here in case they miss this one!!michellem in Idaho loved it
OMG does this look yummie, I must make these, great post, thank you so much.henrie in Savannah loved it
I just made these and they turned out wonderful..next time I will double the recipe..it did not make very many. Love it!!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!