Excellent Prime RibFrom noir 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow meat to warm to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before roasting.
- Using a knife, poke small holes in the meat and insert the garlic into them.
- Coat roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan, bone side down.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and continue to roast for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove meat to a carving board and let rest.
- Place roasting pan on top of stove over high heat.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits and reduce.
- Add stock and reduce by half, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat and pour on some of the sauce...:D
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
OMG! I am light headed... I am in heaven with this recipe! I really think I just might do this dinner for Christmas! I am sure this will make guests very Merry! *wink*pink in USA loved it
This sound absolutely wonderful, thank you for the post. Will make this soon, most likely not for Christmas though, but I may change my mind ;)henrie in Savannah loved it
Just pulled the prime rib out of the fridge..Getting ready to make this..my man is very excited ..(Sigh)..men and their meat!;)greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it