English ToffeeFrom magandab 6 years ago
How to make it
- Butter two cookie sheets, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, water, corn syrup and untoasted almonds.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to hard crack stage (300 degrees).
- Quickly pour mixture into prepared sheets and spread as thinly as possible, approx 1/4 inch thick. Using the back of two forks, keep spreading the candy until it fits all the way to each side, then spread more from the middle, where it will be thicker.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the hot candy and wait about one minute, until melted.
- Spread chocolate over candy and then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Chill until completely hardened and then break into bite-sized pieces.
- Hints: I undercook this just slightly, not more than about 5 degrees, so that it is easier on the teeth.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookmagandab Apple Valley, US
The Rating7 people
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! THIS IS THE BEST GIFT I HAVE RECEIVED THIS YEAR! NO MORE SKOR BARS!
Markborius in Klamath Falls loved it
I absolutely love these!! They are awesome indeed!
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Bring on the sugar induced coma lol Sounds great, especially with the extra choc chips - I'm such a chocolate fiend, I always add more chocolate than the recipe instructs. Man, a plateful of those, would stop me in my tracks. Great post, thanks. Got ...moredanadooley in Singapore loved it