Prosciutto Basil Pasta ShellsFrom flavorsofitaly 7 years ago
- 12 jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 1 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced prosciutto (cooked ham may be substituted, but lessens the flavor) shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 14 oz of your favorite homemade or purchased tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Spray 2 qt. square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. (I find it easier to lessen the recommended cooking time by about 2 minutes - the shells are firmer, less likely to fall apart, and they will finish cooking in the oven) Drain pasta, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and prosciutto and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is light golden brown.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/2 the prosciutto mixture with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, and egg and mix well. Stir spaghetti sauce into prosciutto mixture remaining in skillet.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into pasta shells and place in baking dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce mixture over shells. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 -40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
The Rating4 people
OMG!!! Mouth watering deliciousness!!! You got a 5 from me. Lorrainelbrooks26 in Cedar Knolls loved it
Just wanted to tell you that I made this dish on Thursday nite for my daughter and I. Soooooo good!!! I did add diced mozzerella to the filling and some on top of the shells to bake. If I could change my 5 to a 10, I would. Thanks again. Lorrain...morelbrooks26 in Cedar Knolls loved it
Love pasta!mama mia..lol;)chezzane in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!