Tiropitakia- Greek Cheese-filled TrianglesFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 lb cottage cheese, drain off liquid shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter shopping list
- 1 lb phyllo (pastry sheets) -take out of box and unroll onto a damp towel and cover with a damp towel. this is to keep the phyllo from drying out and crumbling while being handled shopping list
How to make it
- Blend feta and cottage cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Cut phyllo lengthwise into strips 2 inches wide and line them up.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Place one teaspoon of filling on one end of the pastry strip and fold corner over to make a triangle.
- Continue folding from side to side until you reach the end.
- Proceed this way until all of the filling and phyllo are used.
- Line the triangles up on a buttered baking pan, brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown at 350 degrees.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating21 people
Oh, it's been years since I've had these... got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Yummytinadc in Cape Town loved it
These are great.chriesi in Zuerich loved it