streusel topping apple pieFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 113 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (I used plain yogurt ) shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 cups peeled, sliced tart apples (about 1 1/4 pounds of slices) shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown or white sugar. shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Mix together all ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Use a food processor or a fork. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of your food processor place the flour and sugar. Pulse to blend together. Add butter and pulse until dough just begins to come together. Pat the dough onto the bottom and one inch (2.5 cm) up the sides of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Beat together sour cream(yogurt), sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg (can beat by hand). Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
- Put filling into a pie shell and bake at 400 degrees initially for 25 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Cinnamon Crumb Topping. Bake for and additional 20 more minutes.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating9 people
Love apple pie~ don't you ever sleep, or is this the time you do your baking? another yummy post.invisiblechef in loved it
What is this wonderful delight? different and delicious! you are the best.berry in Winter Park loved it
Another masterpiece! Clicking onto your page is like opening a cook book I love it.
Vivianvivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!