Butterbeans Bacon and TomatoesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 3 bacon slices, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 medium size tomatoes, chopped (of coarse this is better when tomatoes are in season) shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups fresh or frozen butterbeans, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp.
- Stir in onion and next 3 ingredients; saute until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and butterbeans; bring to a coil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Simmer uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients.
- Cook stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating6 people
I can't believe it - I'm in heaven. Thanks for this one.laadeedaa in loved it
Oh my! I insist that you come stay at my house and cook. hehe I love a good southern cook and I can tell that you are one!jencathen in loved it
Your my kind of cook, you have some really great recipes.lara38 in Gulf Coast loved it
Back To Basics346 members
Southern Essentials225 members
Southern Cooks556 members
Landmark Recipes83 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Family Favourites134 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Anything Goes287 members
Casserole Comfort131 members
Companys Coming115 members