Egg RollsFrom knoxcop 7 years ago
- 6 c. cabbage, coarsely chopped shopping list
- (you could use the cole-slaw mix in bags, too.) shopping list
- 1 c. cooked meat (pork, shrimp, chicken, beef) shopping list
- 3 scallions shopping list
- 1 or 2 tsp. red wine, optional shopping list
- 1 pkg. egg roll skins shopping list
- 2 carrots, grated shopping list
- 1/2 c. bamboo shoots--sliced into strips shopping list
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Into a large frying pan, place about 3 T. oil. Let oil get hot.
- Throw everything into the pan, and saute until well blended and coated with oil/wilted just a tad bit---not completely shrunken, but just reduced by a bit. You don't want to over-cook. You're just looking to wilt everything a bit before the frying stage!
- Remove from heat, pour vegetable/meat mixture into a colander and let drain into another bowl in the fridge until cool enough to handle.
- Prepare wrappers by laying out on waxed/parchment paper.
- Wet edges of each wrapper individually with a fingertip or small brush dipped in water.
- Place approximately 3 tablespoons mixture in each wrapper, and seal egg rolls.
- At this point, you can either deep fry for a couple minutes, or fry in about a half-inch of hot oil until golden brown.
- Let cool to room temp and freeze in freezer bags.
- To reheat: Place in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Makes approximate 30-40 egg rolls.
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating13 people
Think I'm gonna have to try this. And yes it sounds like it might smell a wee bit to make.volki1269 in Shady Spring loved it
This was really good. Wrapping the egg rolls reminded my of shucking clams. Time consuming lol. Didn't smell near as bad as I thought it would either. The shrimp and crab I used smelled worse then the cabbagevolki1269 in Shady Spring loved it
I love egg rolls but I have never made any. I will try this recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!