The Game Day SandwichFrom noir 8 years ago
- for the pimento cheese: shopping list
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 small jar pimentos, or 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers shopping list
- Tabasco sauce, to taste shopping list
- Make the pimento cheese: shopping list
- - Stir all ingredients together, refrigerate a few hours. shopping list
- for the sandwiches: shopping list
- sliced bread (good quality) shopping list
- bacon slices, preferably thick, center-cut shopping list
How to make it
- For the sandwiches:
- - Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp and brown, set aside bacon on paper towels.
- If there is excess fat in the skillet, drain some of it off and set it aside, leave some fat in the skillet.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread pimento cheese on one slice of bread, top with a few bacon strips, top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat the skillet and fry the sandwiches until golden and crispy on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, using reserved fat if necessary.:)
- Option: Pimento cheese can also be served chilled, on crackers or celery sticks. :)
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
I love tomato soup and this sandwich is perfect. Thanks for making game day better.JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
What time is the game? This sounds great,anouther winner..........robertg in loved it
I haftahaveit! *wink*pink in USA loved it