Texas Grannys Banana PuddingFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 box of vanilla wafers shopping list
- 4 ripe bananas shopping list
- 4 egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line bottom of square baking dish with a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in bowl and mix well then set aside.
- In heavy saucepan beat egg yolks well.
- Over medium heat add flour mixture to egg yolks alternately with milk and vanilla stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil and when mixture begins to thicken add butter continuing to stir to prevent scorching.
- When mixture reaches pudding consistency remove from heat.
- Place layer of banana slices in baking dish on top of vanilla wafers.
- Pour spreading as necessary half of the pudding over the wafers and banana slices.
- Put down another layer of vanilla wafers and another layer of bananas and cover with remaining pudding.
- For meringue beat egg whites with electric mixer until they form soft peaks.
- Add sugar a tablespoon at a time and cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold vanilla into the meringue and spread meringue over pudding.
- Place in a 375 oven and bake 15 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!