Grandmother Luigis GnocchiFrom turtle66 8 years ago
How to make it
- Using a ricer, rice the potatoes. On a large work surface
- mix together the potatoes, flour, egg, and parmesan cheese
- knead the dough as you would knead bread for about 7 minutes
- Once all ingredients are well incorporated, cut off a small 3-4 ounce piece of dough.
- On lightly floured work surface using your hands roll the piece of dough in to a uniform thin 1/2 inch rope continue till all the dough is rolled the same
- Cut ropes in to 1 inch pieces
- Working in batches cook gnocchi in a large pot of salted boiling water gnocchi are done when they float to the surface
- Remove from water and add your favorite sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Uncooked gnocchi freeze well
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookturtle66 Sacramento, CA
The Rating5 people
I love Gnocchi. Keep posting grandma's recipes! Thanks so much. My grandmothers both passed on long before I was into cooking so their skills never got passed to me. One of my few regrets in life. Posting her sauce soon?
Mborius in Klamath Falls loved it
great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Grandmother Luigis Gnocchi is something you are proud of and as a Gnocchi maker I can see why.
I love the way you use a ricer I know that it is crucial to making it tender.
Michaeltrigger in loved it