Chocolate Covered Easter EggsFrom dottiet 6 years ago
- · 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- · 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- · 2 1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar shopping list
- · 1 cup creamy peanut butter (optional) shopping list
- · 1 cup flaked coconut (optional) shopping list
- · 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries (optional) shopping list
- · 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- · 2 tablespoons shortening or vegetable oil (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, vanilla, and cream cheese. Stir in confectioners' sugar to make a workable dough. For best results, use your hands for mixing.
- Divide the dough into four parts. Leave one of the parts plain. To the second part, mix in peanut butter. Mix coconut into the third part, and cocoa powder into the last part. Roll each type of dough into egg shapes, and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until hard, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth. If the chocolate seems too thick for coating, stir in some of the shortening or oil until it thins. Dip the chilled candy eggs in chocolate, and return to the waxed paper lined sheet to set. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour to harden.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating8 people
Sounds great.My grandson will love them with the cherries in them.Happy cooking:).Adding them to new group,Calling all BUNNIES,come on over.:)zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
fun~~~~~mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
this sounds awesome Dottie - my children are older and on their own - but I will have to try this and keep it close by incase of grandchildren ;)
ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!