Meat Logs in Puff PastryFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 package (17 1/4 oz) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets) shopping list
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup combination wheat germ and bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- milk or beaten egg white or egg yolk, for brushing shopping list
How to make it
- ------For better blending of flavor, mix together meat mixture night before and refrigerate until ready to use----------
- Thaw Puff pastry for 40 minutes at room temperature. Cut each sheet of dough into 4 squares, making 8 in all. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425.F
- For even distribution of ingredients, first lightly beat eggs, stir in seasonings, then all remaining ingredients for filling. Mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 8 equal logs, about 4 1/2-inch long.
- Position each log in center of square of puff pastry. Wrap dough around meat, overlapping edges and pinching to seal well (dough will not cover ends).
- Brush tops with either milk, beaten egg white or egg yolk.
- Place logs, seam side down, on ungreased baking pan with sides.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until logs are puffy and golden brown. Drain off an accumulated fat.
- Good served with spicy mustard
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating6 people
This sounds absolutely amazing.Looks so good...Thanks for the post.ambus in Lahore loved it
These sound good, great alternative to a hamburger on a bun. Thanks!nocturnalife in North West Corner loved it