Cuban Black Beans In 20 MinsFrom flanboyanteats 7 years ago
- Sofrito shopping list
- * 1/2 diced green pepper shopping list
- * 1/2 diced yellow or spanish onion shopping list
- * 1tsp oregano shopping list
- * 1tsp cumin shopping list
- * 3 diced garlic cloves shopping list
- beans shopping list
- * 1 can of your fave brand of beans (unseasoned) shopping list
- * 2 cups (you can fill the bean can) of water shopping list
- * 1 bay leaf shopping list
- * 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- * 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- * 5 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- * 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For sofrito
- Heat 1/2 cup canola oil on medium high. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, oregano, cumin and sautee for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- In medium size sauce pan, heat beans on medium to high heat, adding water, bay leaf, salt and sugar. Cook sofrito. Add sofrito and slowly mix in. Add olive oil, vinegar and stir well. Keep bean on medium high for 20 minutes. Lower heat and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve on top of rice. It too salty for your taste, drop a peeled onion to soak up excess salt. If too vinegary, do the same thing. Let sit for another 10 minutes on medium. Serve over white rice. If you'd like to have it as as soup, add a bit more water or dry white cooking wine.
- Enjoy! For this and more Latin recipes, visit my fusion food blog! http://www.flanboyanteats.com
The Cookflanboyanteats Atlanta
The Rating1 people
Im so going to try this one..thank you, it sounds really good. I love beans! DId you ever hear of that lyrics in a song(can't remember the name) but it goes..Beans and rice didn't miss her! It alway's makes me laugh when I hear it.michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!