Roasted Marrow BonesFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 8 to 12 center-cut beef or veal marrow bones, 3 inches long, 3 to 4 pounds total shopping list
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons capers shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Coarse sea salt to taste shopping list
- At least 4 1/2-inch-thick slices of crusty bread, toasted. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put bones, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet or in ovenproof skillet.
- Cook until marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone, about 15 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to drizzle out.)
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, shallots and capers in small bowl. Just before bones are ready, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle dressing over parsley mixture until leaves are just coated.
- Put roasted bones, parsley salad, salt and toast on a large plate. To serve, scoop out marrow, spread on toast, sprinkle with salt and top with parsley salad.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
There is a little restaurant I love in the Left Bank. Le Pricop. It features the hat that Napolean left as collateral when he couldn't pay his bill. He never paid, they kept the hat. They also feature Os de Moelle en croute de sel. Marrow bones ...moremerlin in San Francisco loved it
Hi! I added this to Scary Foods. Hope that's OK:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
Ya gotta be en forme--but this is so voluptuous.nightkitchen in Claremont loved it