Loaded Baked Potato SoupFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped shopping list
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 T. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 t. dried thyme shopping list
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheese, plus additional for garnish shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream, plus additional for garnish shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced thin shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. While bacon is cooking, use vegetable peeler to remove wide strips of potato peel; reserve peels, Cut peeled potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to plate lined with paper towels. Add reserved potato skins to bacon fat in pot and cook until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potato skins to plate with bacon.
- Add onion to fat remaining in pot and cook over medium heat until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth and cream, stir in thyme and potatoes, and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups cooked potatoes to bowl. Puree remaining soup in batches in blender until smooth. Return to pot and warm over medium-high heat. Off heat, stir in cheese until melted, then whisk in sour cream, Return reserved potatoes to pot and season soup with pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with bacon, fried potato skins, scallions, and sour cream.
- REHEATING LEFTOVERS: To reheat leftover portions of the Loaded Baked Potato Soup, gently warm the soup in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Do not let the soup boil, which will cause the sour cream to separate.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating11 people
This looks wonderful..I love potato soup and Im drooling over you pictures..thanks for another excellent recipe!michellem in Idaho loved it
This sounds awesome...thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Fantastic recipe and sooo delicious. The perfect comfort meal. Thank you! =)
I love your photos...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!