Tomato Lentil Soup with Brown Rice and SpinachFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 cup brown lentils, soaked for 4 hours and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 medium celery stalk, whole shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, peeled but left whole shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup short-grained brown rice shopping list
- Pinch saffron or turmeric shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the lentils and cook them for 45 minutes in 2 quarts of water with the celery, carrot and bay leaf.
- Strain and reserve the broth, discarding the celery, carrot and bay leaf.
- Sauté the onion in ¼ cup of water with the garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the lentils and the spinach, followed by the lentil broth.
- When the soup comes to a boil, add the rice, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
You are right . brown rice has benefits . Infact it helped me to lose 20 pounds of my pregnancy weight within couple of months : )cholena in Food World loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members