Valentine Linzer CookiesFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 350 grams flour shopping list
- 125 grams sugar shopping list
- 180 grams butter, diced at room temperature. shopping list
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- Filling and topping: shopping list
- jam of your choice shopping list
- powder sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the flour onto a work surface, to form a mound shape with a hole in the center.
- In the well, add the sugar, butter, eggs, egg yolks, and salt.
- Using a fork, mix the ingredients together with the flour. Lightly sprinkle the work surface with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the table. Form it into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and keep in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F . Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Using a rolling pin on a floured surface, flatten the dough into the shape of a disk. Using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut all of the dough and then use a small rounded cookie cutter to make centers in half of the cut cookies. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Use a spatula to transfer the cut cookies to the sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely
- Place the centered cut cookies over your work surface and sift powder sugar over them.
- Give a good stir to the jam and place one teaspoon of the jam over the center of the whole heart cookies. Top with the centered cut cookies. Enjoy!!
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating13 people
Another winner, Ahmed - those are simply beautiful. I plan on making those for Valentine's Day. Thank you!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I love these! Thank you for sharing your talents with us! I want to make these soon...Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
These are sooo cute!!invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!