Shrimp Rice-paper Rolls With Vietnamese Dipping SauceFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fermented fish sauce (nam pla) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chili with seeds shopping list
- **** shopping list
- rice-Paper Rolls: shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 ounces dried thin Chinese rice sticks (maifun)* shopping list
- 12 8- to- 9-inch round rice-paper sheets* shopping list
- ** shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce or green cabbage shopping list
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts or daikon (Japanese white radish) sprouts shopping list
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips seeded English hothouse cucumber shopping list
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips peeled carrot or jicama shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, cut lengthwise in half shopping list
How to make it
- For dipping sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
- **NOTE: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
- For Rice-Paper Rolls:
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Place rice sticks in large bowl; add enough hot water to cover. Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain. Cut into 6-inch lengths; set aside.
- Fill same bowl with warm water. Add 1 rice-paper sheet and turn until beginning to soften, about 30 seconds (sheet will still be stiff in a few spots). Remove from water; drain on kitchen towel. Repeat with 5 more rice-paper sheets, arranging in single layer.
- Divide half of mint, cilantro, and basil among softened rice-paper sheets, arranging in line across lower third of each sheet and leaving 1-inch border on each end.
- Top with half of rice sticks, shaping into compact log. Top with half of lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, carrot, shrimp, and mushrooms. Fold bottom of each rice sheet over filling, then fold in ends and roll into tight cylinder.
- Place rolls, seam side down, on platter.
- Repeat soaking with remaining rice-paper sheets, then top with remaining filling to form 6 more rolls.
- **NOTE 2: Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover with damp paper towel and plastic wrap; chill.
- Cut each roll diagonally into thirds. Arrange on platter and serve with sauce.
- *Available at Asian markets.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
I love this! :)noir in Boston loved it
This really looks and sounds awesome! Bookmarked. Thanks.liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
This is so eleguant...suitable for big dinner party and specially for Channel ;)ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!