Avacado With CrabmeatFrom wolfpackjack 6 years ago
- 2 avacados shopping list
- lemon juice (to brush avacados) shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) package crabmeat, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- Dash-hot sauce shopping list
- 2 cups shredded ice burg lettuce shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional) shopping list
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
- Handful kalamata olives shopping list
- parsley sprigs shopping list
- Herbed-mayonnaise Dressing shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 Tbsp tomato puree shopping list
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives shopping list
- 18 tsp dried whole chervil shopping list
- 1/8 tsp dried whole tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- Herbed Mayonnaise Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients, stir well, yields 1-1/4 cup;
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and peel. Brush with lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine crabmeat, celery, mayonnaise, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce, then mix well.
- Fill avocados with the crabmeat mixture.
- Place lettuce on a serving platter.
- Arrange avocados, eggs, anchovies (optional), with the tomato wedges, olives, and parsley sprigs on the lettuce.
- Serve with cracker, or toast, and the Herbed-Mayonnaise dressing.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating9 people
Wow this recipe looks like it would taste like the crab salad I tried in 1980 when I was travelling through Biloxi on a trip. I'm saving this for a definite will try.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
Sounds delish, saving this too!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Anything with avocados!!!!!!!! Got a tree right out front.gingerlea in Tampa loved it