Pierogies With Creamy Dill SauceFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 pkg. (1 Kg) store bought frozen pierogies shopping list
- Note: Homemade pierogies are the best but it's a lot faster to use store bought. True, they don't taste the same but quite honestly, if you have a good brand, nobody knows the difference. shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. butter shopping list
- 1 onion, halved and diced/finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. pkg. pre-sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream / creme fresh shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill shopping list
- Note: If you do not like dill, chopped fresh parsley or basil is also nice. shopping list
How to make it
- Follow package directions for boiling pierogies.
- Melt butter in a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and minced garlic.
- Saute until softened.
- Add mushrooms and saute until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Finely grate approximately 1 Tbsp. lemon zest into a bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- Stir in yogurt, sour cream / creme fresh and dill.
- When pierogies are cooked, drain well.
- Add to mushroom mixture in pan along with yogurt and sour cream mixture.
- Stir gently over medium heat until pierogies are evenly covered,
- Serves 4 to 6
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
My family and I love pierogies. We've been making and enjoying them for decades. Great dill sauce recipe.chacha in New York loved it
Lor, I also add strips of green bell pepper, when I fry the vegetables. But I never thought of mushrooms. Thanks for the idea, you have a 5. Have a good night...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it