quick cornish hens-7 waysFrom robertg 6 years ago
How to make it
- CITRUS GLAZED:
- mix 1/4 cup thawed,frozen orange juice concentrate,2 Tbs. dijon mustard and 2 Tbs. honey,very well
- brush glaze on hens during the last 15-20 minutes of roasting
- ASIAN ACCENT:
- mix 2 TBS. soy sauce,2 Tbs. chicken broth and 1 tsp. sesame oil.
- brush glaze over hens and pour some in each cavity,roast
- APRICOT GLAZE:
- in a small bowl mix a 1/2 cup apricot jam,2 TBS. soy sauce,2 TBS. dijon mustard and 2 TBS. honey,brush glaze on hens during the last 15-20 minutes of roasting
- MEXICAN SPICED:
- rub the outside of the hens with packaged taco seasoning and lightly spray with non-stick vegetable oil.roast
- rub outside of hens with a cut lemon and brush with melted butter.place 1/2 lemon and a sprig of fresh basil in each hen,roast
- coat outside of hens with dijon mustard,sprinkle with a mixture of dried terragon,basil and thyme.roast.remove for pan and deglaze with 3/4 cup of white wine,serve hens with pan juices
- 2 TBS. minced garlic,2 tsp. each of finely chopped rosemary and sage.
- loosen breast skin and rub 1/4 of the seasoning under the skin of each hen.roast