FRIED GREEN TOMATOESFrom tnacndn 6 years ago
How to make it
- Fry the bacon in heavy skillet.
- Transfer it to absorbant paper.
- Cut each tomato into 1/2" thick slices.
- Put sliced tomatoes on absorbant paper.
- Mix together the cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Dip tomato slices into a small bowl of milk remove and coat with your cornmeal mixture.
- Fry tomatoes in the bacon fat over medium heat until the cornmeal browns, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
People Who Like This Dish 75
The Cooktnacndn Jasper, TN
The Rating15 people
Hubby is gonna kill me again this year for swiping his maters.lolatokadawn in Munford loved it
Very good!kristopher in San Francisco loved it
Had this for dinner tonight....so good!!stilldreamin in Russellville loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
I Like Food82 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen84 members
Southern Cooks552 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Summer Dishes62 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Five Or Fewer178 members