Shrimp BogFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon finely diced shopping list
- 2 medium onions finely chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 3-1/4 cups defatted chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes with juices shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds medium shrimp cleaned shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot fry bacon over medium heat then drain and set aside.
- Pour off all but three tablespoons fat then add onions to pot and cook 3 minutes over medium.
- Add rice, 2-1/4 cups broth, tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Bring to a low simmer then cover and cook for 20 minute.
- Stir in black pepper and mix well.
- Stir in bacon, shrimp and remaining broth then continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir bog with a fork then adjust seasonings and sprinkle parsley on top.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating8 people
Yummmm.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I made this last night but cut it in half for just the two of us. I'd never had anything called a "Bog". This is great. So different from other things I've cooked. My hubby took two bites and fell in love. He got up this morning and told me he h...moreluvshk in Republic loved it
OK - I just warmed up leftovers and put over easy eggs on top for hubbies breakfast (well, brunch). It's a big hit! I'd give you another 5 if I could.luvshk in Republic loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!