Richards Homemade Curry PowderFrom uk2nyc 7 years ago
- 3 tbs whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tbs whole fennel seeds shopping list
- 3 inch sick of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 star anise shopping list
- 1 tbs black cloves shopping list
- 1 tbs cardamom shopping list
- 1 tbs fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 1 tbs corriander seeds shopping list
- 1 tbs poppy seeds shopping list
- 6 whole dried red chilles ( you can also use the powder but dont roast it) shopping list
- 1/2` tbs tumeric powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, over non medium heat slow roast the spices 1-9.
- If you are using dried chillies roast them as well.
- Do not burn the spices, just let a soft aroma out and combine into a spice grinder with the tumeric powder.
- Store in a tight lidded jar.
- You can use the amount of powder according to your curry taste.
- * I usually make each batch fresh.
- * Note: If you are using this for fish or shellfish do not roast it.
- Enjoy.... Richard
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating7 people
I've never made a curry powder with poppy seeds in it! Thank you for posting this recipe, uk2nyc :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Now this deserves a five. Thank you Uk2nyc.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
got my 5cheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!