Chinese Style Lemon ChickenFrom ejergens 8 years ago
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 crushed garlic cloves shopping list
- the zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp soy sauce (optional...tastes good but will make lemon sauce a little dark) shopping list
- the juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp corn starch shopping list
- OK NOW FOR THE chicken shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3 tbsp oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pan add the first 5 ingredients on low heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- add everything else and turn up heat to medium.
- Sauce will thicken, it is done.
- For the chicken:
- Pound chicken with a tenderizer hammer until chicken breasts are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in the skillet over med high heat
- Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs
- Put the chicken in skillet and pan fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- OR you can use this same cooking technique with fish (except you won't have to pound the fish)
- Keep the heat down to med when cooking fish
- Use white,salt-water fish, that is best.
- This dish is best served with white rice and peas.
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
I love lemon chicken!Thanks,
TerryRterryr in Henderson loved it
Another great recipe for Lemon Chicken! Outstanding ingredients! Thanks so much!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Oh yumm! I LOVE the lemon sauce that is served in Chinese Restaurants. I can now make it at home! That will make my husband very happy!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!