Chinese Style Lemon ChickenFrom ejergens 9 years ago
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 crushed garlic cloves shopping list
- the zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp soy sauce (optional...tastes good but will make lemon sauce a little dark) shopping list
- the juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp corn starch shopping list
- OK NOW FOR THE chicken shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3 tbsp oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pan add the first 5 ingredients on low heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- add everything else and turn up heat to medium.
- Sauce will thicken, it is done.
- For the chicken:
- Pound chicken with a tenderizer hammer until chicken breasts are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in the skillet over med high heat
- Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs
- Put the chicken in skillet and pan fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- OR you can use this same cooking technique with fish (except you won't have to pound the fish)
- Keep the heat down to med when cooking fish
- Use white,salt-water fish, that is best.
- This dish is best served with white rice and peas.
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
Oh yumm! I LOVE the lemon sauce that is served in Chinese Restaurants. I can now make it at home! That will make my husband very happy!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Another great recipe for Lemon Chicken! Outstanding ingredients! Thanks so much!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I love lemon chicken!Thanks,
TerryRterryr in Henderson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!